This session runs for 5 weeks on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00 - 4:30pm. This session will be held virtually. Please call for more information or to register.
Oral Health Education
Windsor Team Care Centre (WTCC) is providing Oral Health Education to individuals
aged 16 and up who are experiencing oral health concerns.
A Registered Dental Hygienist will provide you with:
- An oral cancer screening, starting with risk assessment and health history, and teach you how to do at home oral cancer checks.
- A visual exam of your teeth and gums to identify any possible concerns.
- A cavity risk assessment to determine if you are at risk for cavities and provide you with strategies to decrease your risk level.
- Patient specific oral health education modules that could include: Dry Mouth Management, Cavity & Decay Process, Periodontal (Gum) Disease, Oral Cancer, Smoking/Vaping & Oral Health, and Prenatal & Infant Oral Health.
- An oral health plan is created that includes individualized oral hygiene instruction and provides strategies to improve your oral health.
- Community referrals are provided for individuals to access dental services.
- Provisions are given to implement new oral health behaviors including toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, denture brush, etc.
Preventative treatments are available on an as needed basis, this includes:
- Fluoride Varnish Applications: Aid in the prevention of cavities and treatment of hypersensitive teeth.
- Silver Diamine Fluoride Application: Can arrest the progression of an already formed cavity in primary or permanent teeth. Can also help decrease dental sensitivity.
Eligible clients must be referred by a Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
Ask your primary care provider about a referral to the Oral Health Education Program.
Clients aged 16 and up without private dental insurance experiencing oral health concerns can get connected with services by a Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner referral.
The Oral Health Education Program is an education-based program that does not provide traditional dental services such as teeth cleanings, teeth whitening, fillings, etc.
The Oral Health Education Program is funded by the Windsor Essex Community Foundation and Green Shield Canada.