This substance use recovery program runs for 5 weeks on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00pm - 4:30pm, virtually or in-person at 2475 McDougall St., Suite 245, Windsor, ON. Please call
Musculoskeletal (MSK) Health is a program supporting clients in reaching and maintaining their goals for mobility and movement. The program focuses on addressing chronic pain and activation related to chronic disease management and/or other health conditions. Enrolled clients will receive care tailored to their needs which could include individualized exercise programming, education, self-management strategies, and treatments.
MSK Health would benefit individuals who need support managing their chronic symptoms and/or chronic pain as result of a health condition. These include:
- Chronic disease management (Diabetes, Hypertension, COPD, Metabolic Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Asthma, CHD, PAD, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Hyperlipidemia, Fatigue, Headaches),
- Mental health (Depression, Anxiety, Stress),
- Chronic pain (Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia),
- Weight management (BMI of >30), and,
- Neurological disorders (BPPV, mTBI, TBI, Stroke, Vestibular, Ocular Motor, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy).
Patients referred to the MSK program will be supported by the team Kinesiologist and consulting Physiotherapist with services and supports based on individual needs, including:
- musculoskeletal assessments;
- postural evaluation and education;
- fitness and activation for weight loss and low mood;
- exercise prescription with a focus on self-efficacy;
- manual therapy;
- gait assessment and re-training; and,
- kinesiology taping.
Primary Care Providers will receive reports on the status of their treatment, recommendations for continued care, and where necessary, changes on the status of their condition or diagnosis.
Eligible clients must be referred by a Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
Ask your primary care provider about a referral to the MSK Health program.
Excludes care for an acute injury or post-surgical rehabilitation.