2SLGBTQ+ One Team Recovery sessions run for 5 weeks on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00 - 4:30pm. Please call (519) 250-5524 for more information or to register. Poster OTR 2SLGBTQ+
Chronic Conditions & Allied Health
Windsor Team Care Centre (WTCC) provides health & wellness supports to individuals with a focus on care for chronic conditions as well as preventative care. Chronic conditions include:
- metabolic conditions (diabetes, liver disease, obesity)
- cardiovascular conditions (coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension)
- pulmonary conditions (asthma, COPD)
- neurological conditions (including vestibular, ocular motor and concussion rehab)
- musculoskeletal problems
- mental health and psychiatric diagnoses (depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD)
- as well as other conditions related to chronic pain and sensory disorders.
Our interprofessional care team will work with individuals to ensure that care is organized, thorough, and meeting client-centred goals.
Our services include the following:
Our Registered Dietician(s) provide education and counselling to individuals that have chronic and/or complex health issues, nutritional needs and/or a Body Mass Index greater than 30, or malnourishment. They provide care and support with:
- Weight management
- Meal planning
- Digestive issues
Eat4Life Healthy Lifestyle Program
Eat4Life is a program developed to help Windsor-Essex residents learn more about healthy eating, physical activity, and behaviour change. This program is unique, research–based, and consists of three courses: Healthy Living, Weight Management, and Mindful Eating.
Eat4Life courses are offered by many organizations throughout Windsor and Essex County, at different times and locations during the year.
For more information about any Eat4Life course at a location near you, please visit the Shared Community Health Calendar (https://www.wechu.org/events)
Eat4Life Healthy Living E-learning Course
Eat4Life Healthy Living E-learning Course is an online platform that allows you to log on to the course from your computer, laptop, tablet or phone, and at a time and place that works best for you and your schedule.
Within this self-directed e-learning course are five classes and many resources. It is recommended that the course be completed over a 5-week time period (i.e., one class per week), to provide enough time to put the different skill-building lessons into practice. Each class is approximately 1 to 1.5 hours in length
For more information and/or to register for Eat4Life and Eat4Life eLearning visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/o/eat4life-healthy-lifestyle-program-29313305773
Through our partnership with Windsor-Essex Community Health Centre, a Registered Practical Nurse provides assessment, treatment, and health teaching to support achieving and sustaining healthy feet. Foot Care is provided according to best practices using standardized assessment and screening tools.
Foot care includes the following:
- Foot care assessments (including diabetic assessments)
- Treatment for current problems and preventative care
- Education to patients on how to properly care for their feet
- For individuals with no private coverage
Our Registered Pharmacist supports clients with review, education and support in taking prescribed medications for their medical conditions, as well as troubleshooting potential issues encountered with pharmacotherapy.
Pharmacy support includes:
- Medication reconciliation for patients with multiple conditions and/or under specialist care
- Identifying and resolving drug-therapy problems, including polypharmacy, non-adherence, and drug-drug and drug-substance interactions
- Resource/education to individuals and providers